Thursday, December 4, 2008

Lotus Vegetarian Restaurant

Lotus Vegetarian Restaurant (Lian Xin) is located at Quality Hotel in Balestier. It is a buffet style restaurant, so charges are per person. Service there is great, where the waiters/waitresses are easily available and helpful.

The steamboat buffet is available on weekdays (except Friday), as the soup base is really tasty! You can choose 2 from herbal, spicy, or yam soup base. My friends and I usually take the spicy and yam ones. I am a fan of mushrooms and veggies, not so much of the mock meats, and Lotus has about 6-7 types of mushrooms and 5 types of veggies to choose from. I can't think of any types that were blatently missing from the spread. Even though it's a steamboat buffet, there is also cooked food (tim sum) available.

The Asian buffet is available from Friday to Sunday. I would actually call it Asian-style instead of Asian, as some of the dishes are not really of Asian origins. For example, my favourite dish of the buffet is the creamy mushroom soup with the puff pastry on top. I can have a few of that at a go!

Available at both types of buffet is the self-serve ice cream box and the salad bar. The mango ice cream in my opinion is the nicest of the lot. The salad bar is pretty small and forgettable though.

On the whole, I love Lotus for being one of the few vegetarian buffet places around. However, I do think that while they try to have many different dishes to create variety, the chef is better at making some dishes than others.

Food: 4/5

Price: $$ (Treat)

Overall: 3.6/5

--------------------

Address:
201 Balestier Road
#02-00 Quality Hotel

Please call (65) 6254 0090 / 6254 0091 for reservations. 

Opening Hours
Lunch: 1130hrs to 1500hrs
Dinner: 1800hrs to 2200hrs

No comments: